Bucyrus Bratwurst Festival Parade Rules
1. Deadline for entry to the parades is August 1, 2020. Entry is FREE prior to this time.
2. Entries after August 1, 2020 are subject to Parade Chairperson’s approval, and are subject to a $25.00 entry fee.
3. All units will be notified via EMAIL of lineup location and arrival time prior to August 12, 2020.
4. Units will be assigned a lineup number card with a 3 digit number. This card must be prominently displayed to assist parade announcers in identifying your unit.
5. Floats must be present by 5:00pm on Thursday, August 13, 2020 for judging and presentation of awards. Only the entries participating in all three parades will be eligible for awards. Parade awards are on the Wyandot Mutual Stage on Rensselaer Street on Saturday at 7:00 pm.
6. All parade entries should be present at their lineup location at least one hour prior to the parade step-off.
7. Once the parade has stepped off, no late arrivals will be permitted to enter the parade.
8. All parade entries must be submitted prior to the entry deadline.
9. All parades will start at the scheduled time and will not be delayed for any reason except weather without approval from the Festival Directors.
10. Parade must keep moving at all times. Units are not permitted to stop – movement must be constant. Please allow approximately 25 feet of space between entries.
11. Parade entries ARE NOT PERMITTED to stop on the railroad tracks. Units should ensure they have enough space ahead to completely clear the tracks once they start to proceed across the tracks.
12. Anyone driving a powered entry must have a valid driver’s license. Children requiring a child safety seat in accordance with Ohio Revised Code 4511.81 must follow the law accordingly. Seatbelt use is dictated by Ohio Revised Code 4513.263. AT NO TIME will anyone other than the licensed driver occupy the driver’s seat or the lap of a driver. Failure to follow this strict guideline will result in immediate removal from the parade and disqualification from participating in future parades.
13. Motorized and horse-drawn entries must provide proof of liability insurance.
14. No partisan political entries will be permitted in any parade.
15. For everyone’s safety, parade participants are strictly prohibited from throwing and/or distributing anything, including candy, literature, or any other item before, during, or after the parade.
16. No persons are permitted from entering or exiting a moving vehicle or float at any time.
17. All vehicle units are limited to two entries, except specialty units with previous permission from Parade Chairperson.
18. Commercial entries, other than floats, will be limited to Thursday and Friday parades only.
19. The parade chairperson and committee will have complete control of the lineup area. Any questions or problems will be directed to the chairperson. The parade chairperson reserves the right to reject or evict any entry that is not promoting the best interest of Bratwurst Festival, Inc. The chairperson’s decision will be final, and will be reviewed by the Festival Director.