2021 Theme: “Celebrating Bucyrus’ Bicentennial!”
Saturday July 3, 2021 – 6:00 p.m.
- Deadline for entry to the parades is June 26, 2021. Entry is FREE prior to this time.
- Entries after June 26, 2021 are subject to Parade Chairperson’s approval and are subject to a $25.00 entry fee.
- All units will be notified via EMAIL of lineup location and arrival time prior to July 2, 2021.
- Units will be assigned a lineup number card with a 3-digit number. This card must be prominently displayed to assist parade announcers in identifying your unit.
- Floats must be present by 5:00pm on July 3, 2021 at the lineup location for judging and presentation of awards.
- All parade entries should be present by the time given to them by the parade committee with the lineup email.
- Once the parade has stepped off, no late arrivals will be permitted to enter the parade.
- All parade entries must be submitted prior to the entry deadline.
- All parades will start at the scheduled time and will not be delayed for any reason except weather without approval from the Parade Chairpersons.
- Parade must keep moving at all times. Units are not permitted to stop – movement must be constant. Please allow approximately 25 feet of space between entries.
- Parade entries ARE NOT PERMITTED to stop on the railroad tracks. Units should ensure they have enough space ahead to completely clear the tracks once they start to proceed across the tracks.
- Anyone driving a powered entry must have a valid driver’s license. Children requiring a child safety seat in accordance with Ohio Revised Code 4511.81 must follow the law accordingly. Seatbelt use is dictated by Ohio Revised Code 4513.263. AT NO TIME will anyone other than the licensed driver occupy the driver’s seat or the lap of a driver. Failure to follow this strict guideline will result in immediate removal from the parade and disqualification from participating in future parades within the City of Bucyrus.
- Motorized and horse-drawn entries must provide proof of liability insurance.
- No partisan political entries will be permitted..
- For everyone’s safety, parade participants are strictly prohibited from throwing and/or distributing anything, including candy, literature, or any other item before, during, or after the parade.
- No persons are permitted from entering or exiting a moving vehicle or float at any time.
- All vehicle units are limited to two entries, except specialty units with previous permission from Parade Chairperson.
- Commercial entries OTHER THAN FLOATS or historic vehicles will not be permitted.
- The parade chairperson and committee will have complete control of the lineup area. Any questions or problems will be directed to the chairperson. The parade chairperson reserves the right to reject or evict any entry that is not promoting the best interest of Bratwurst Festival, Inc. The chairperson’s decision will be final and will be reviewed by the Festival Director.
Please return entry form to:
c/o Bratwurst Festival, Inc.
330 S. Sandusky Ave.
Bucyrus, Ohio 44820