Sponsored by Tonya’s Hair Fashions
Saturday, August 21, 2021 on the Schines Art Park Stage
Pigtail Contest Information
• Registration for the Pigtail Contest must be received by Monday, August 2, 2021 to guarantee a participation gift from the sponsor and Bratwurst Festival Pigtail T-Shirt Contest; however registration forms will be accepted through the end of the check-in time on the day of the contest. There is a $5.00 entry fee.
• The Pigtail Contest is open to participants 3 years to 11 years of age. Age is determined as of August 1, 2021.
• Check-in is required to be eligible to participate in the Pigtail Contest. Check in begins at 11:15 a.m. and concludes at 11:50 a.m. Even if the contestant pre-registered, they still are required to check-in.
o NOTE- check in will allow for every contestant to be accounted for and placed in the appropriate age groups with the proper name tag.
• Prizes will be awarded to the overall winner, as well as 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each age category.
• The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners in each category will be eligible to participate in the parade at 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, August 21, 2021. If winners are under 8 years of age, they must be accompanied in the parade by a parent or guardian.
Pigtail Contest Requirements
• Each participant shall have their hair braided into pigtails (2 braids)
• A single pony tail braid will not be permitted.
• French braids or regular braids are permitted.
• NO imitation hair will be permitted.
• Any participant whose hair is not braided accordingly will not be permitted to compete in the contest.
• Each participant must wear the nametag that they receive during check-in.
Pigtail Contest Judging Rules
• Judging will be performed by a licensed cosmetologist
• Each pigtail will be measured to assure the longest measurement is recorded.
• Judging of the pigtail will be done from the top of the participant’s ear to the top of the rubber band or hair tie.
• Judges will not disclose any measurements to the public.
• No parents/guardians are permitted on stage, unless there is a special accommodation needed and listed on the entry form.
• The judge’s decision is final.
• The contestants for the Pigtail Contest that are eligible to walk in the Bratwurst Festival parade on Saturday, August 21, 2021 will meet at the Speedway Gas Station Parking Lot on the corner of E. Perry St. and N. Sandusky Ave. at 3:15 p.m. The Contest Sponsors will then lead you to the appropriate line up area.
• The contestants not being accompanied by a parent/guardian must be picked up immediately following the Pigtail Contest group’s completion of the parade at the UDF Gas Station lot at the intersection of W. Center St. and S. Sandusky Ave.
• Please have the parade participants hair braided as it was for the Pigtail Contest.