- Candidate must be a current resident of Crawford County and enrolled in one of the
following school districts: Bucyrus, Wynford, Col. Crawford, or Buckeye Central at least 1
year prior to August 2018, and she must be between the ages of 12-13 on or before
August 1, 2018.
- Attendance is required at all meetings set by Princess Committee (see schedule page).
The only exception is family emergency, a scheduled family vacation, or a school
function-Notify Princess Chairperson immediately.
- Candidates selected may not hold another OFEA title during her reign, or another local
- Candidate must have a traditional German costume which she will wear to the
Bratwurst Festival and other festival events. Candidates must wear white hose and
black shoes (Flats will be required) as part of their costume. Sequins and glitter are not
permitted. Also, please stay away from color schemes/patterns that are not of the
traditional German Theme. Traditional theme colors are Blue, Green, Red, Black, Purple
or Pink. However, if you are not sure about a color or pattern, please ask the Princess
Committee before purchase. It is ALWAYS better to ask. A white apron is also a
requirement, even if the dress comes with a colored apron.
- Contestant pictures will be taken at a date determined by the Princess Committee (a
date that works the best for the majority of the candidates).
- Cell phone use is strictly prohibited during the day of interviews and the pageant.
Contestants will be disqualified from participating in the event and dismissed from the
pageant. In case of an emergency, the names and contact numbers will be given at the
Judging will be based on two aspects: interview and on stage during pageant.
- Interviews will be held at The Bucyrus Methodist Administrative Building, 216 Hopley
Ave. Thursday, August, 16, 2018. Your interview time will be provided to you during
one of the practices. Interview judging will be based on personality, poise and German
- The pageant will be held at 3:30 on the Rensselaer Street stage. Candidates will be
judged on personality, German costume, and will answer one (random) question on
Princess and Court Rules and Regulations
- The Bratwurst Princess and her court will attend an informational meeting on Friday morning of the festival at 9:00 am. BOTH parents of a court member MUST attend to sign contracts. Please bring insurance card and date of last tetanus shot.
- During the Bratwurst Festival the Princess and her court will become solely dedicated to the festival for participation in all events on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. A schedule of events will be given to the winners.
- The Princess and her court will travel to at least 3 festivals, Crestline, Marion and Tiffin. There will be opportunity to attend other festivals at the invitation of the travel committee. They will appear in the parade and will attend luncheon (if both aspects are offered.) Princess and court must conduct themselves in a manner that will promote a positive image for themselves, the Bratwurst Festival, and the City of Bucyrus.
- The Princess and court will be chaperoned by members of the Bratwurst Festival Board, Princess Committee, or chaperones, and/or parents appointed and approved by the Bratwurst Festival Board.
- The Princess and Court will be asked to appear in the Santa Parade in November, and First Friday in August, in downtown Bucyrus. The Princess and court will also attend the Pageant on Thursday of the 2019 Festival and crown the new winners.
The Bratwurst Festival asks that a parent attends practices with their daughter.
Get Acquainted Tea Monday, June 18 6:00 Library
June Practice Monday, June 25 6:00 Library
July Practice Monday, July 23 6:00 Library
Make Up Practice Tuesday, July 31 6:00 Library
*this is not a formal practice, but a make-up if you have to miss other practices, or just want more practice time, this practice is NOT required.
Pictures Sunday, July 22 7:00pm Bucyrus Hospital - Wear German Costume, white tights, black flats. Light make up only.
Friday, August 3rd First Friday Event Downtown. 5-8 - *Wear German Costume. Meet for a picture with other contestants of Jr. Princess, Princess, and Queen Contestants. Time to be announced.
Tuesday, August 7th Practice for residents of Orchard Park and Altercare. We will run through the pageant at each facility, 5:30 Orchard Park, 6:30 Altercare. Wear your Princess T-shirts.
Wednesday August 15th, evening before festival on stage practice 6:00 (Rensselaer Street Stage) Wear T-shirts.
Thursday, August 16th Interviews start in the morning. Times/Place will be given at a later date. Princess Pageant * tentative time 3:00 or 3:30 to be determined at a later date.